Monday, March 19, 2012

Putting my Ras el Hanout to Work!

I ordered a packet of Ras el Hanout some time ago and am always looking for recipes to use it in. If you're not familiar with this Moroccan spice blend, it's a mixture of cardamom, clove, cinnamon, chili peppers, coriander, cumin, nutmeg, peppercorn and turmeric. It's REALLY flavorful and is used throughout North Africa. I came across this recipe for North African Fish Stew by Cat Cora and decided to try it out. I was a little concerned that it might taste too fishy but it wasn't at all! In fact, the sweetness from the bell peppers and tomatoes paired so perfectly with the heat from the spices. The fish kinda just melts into the sauce giving it a wonderful texture. I highly recommend this dish for anyone that's trying to eat more fish in a very exotic way!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...