Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Asian-Inspired Pantry Dinner

My best advice for busy nights is to have a nicely stocked pantry. You won't believe how many times I've come home later than usual or not have had time to go grocery shopping like I'd planned. I'd open the fridge to find that nothing's been thawed and debate whether I should order takeout. BUT thanks to my pantry, I know I can always whip something yummy up like tonight's Salmon Pad Thai! It's basically canned salmon, rice noodles, eggs and lots of Asian condiments. VERY easy and VERY yummy!


Ingredients:

1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp oil
2 eggs, beaten
6 dried red chilies (more or less according to taste)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp ginger, grated
1 (14 oz) canned salmon, flaked (bones removed if any)
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
Rice noodles, for serving
Green onions, for garnish

Prep:

1. Melt butter with oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Add eggs and cook until set. Remove and set aside.

2. Add chilies, garlic and ginger. Cook for 30 seconds to release flavors. Add salmon, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil and sugar. Stir to combine and cook until salmon is warmed through. Stir in reserved eggs.

3. Serve over noodles and garnish with green onions.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...