2 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 Tbsp reserved pineapple juice
1 tsp Jerk seasoning
1 Tbsp Louisiana hot sauce
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 c onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 c cooked white rice
1 c black beans, drained and rinsed
4 oz pineapple chunks (drained, juice reserved)
Parsley, for garnish
1. Combine the vinegar, pineapple juice, jerk seasoning, hot sauce and ginger in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Add the onions and cook until softened. Add the garlic and vinegar mixture. Bring to a boil and deglaze.
4. Add back the chicken and turn heat down to low. Cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
5. Stir the beans and pineapples into the rice. Serve chicken over rice garnished with parsley.