Monday, June 18, 2012

I Ordered LOTS of Curry Paste from Amazon!

I took a chance and ordered a set of Curry Paste from Amazon and was itching to try them out. Tonight, I opened the Yellow Curry flavor to make some Meatballs in Peanut Curry Sauce (not sure where I got the idea from) and I was NOT disappointed! As soon as I opened the can, I could smell the wonderful aromas of tumeric, coriander, cardamom and cumin, basically everything that I love about Thai cuisine! I even asked my hubby to come smell the can and he was thrilled! I added a big spoonful of curry paste to the meatballs themselves and another to the sauce. The sauce was definitely the best part, creamy from the coconut milk and the perfect combination of spicy, sweet and savory! You can't see it but there was some rice down there to sock up all the yummy flavors! 


Meatballs:

1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 lb ground beef
1 Tbsp curry paste
1 Tbsp vegetable oil

Sauce:

1/2 c chopped onions
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp curry paste
1 c canned unsweetened coconut milk
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp sugar

Prep:

1. Put the flour on a plate. In a bowl, mix together the beef, curry paste, salt and pepper. Shape into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Roll the meatballs in the flour.

2. Heat the oil on high in a pan. Add the meatballs and brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.

3. Add the onions, garlic and red curry paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Stir in the coconut milk , peanut butter, fish sauce and sugar until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil.

4. Return the meatballs to the pan with the sauce and simmer until the meat is cooked through and the sauce has thickened, 10 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...