Fruity Cookies seemed very fitting for the warm summer days we're getting so I decided to make these Buttery Jam Cookies from Dorie Greenspan's Baking: From My Home to Yours. They were so yummy, like soft pillows of fruity goodness!
Ingredients: (4 dozen cookies)
2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 c sugar
1 large egg
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c jam
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium size bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt until well blended and set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium high speed until creamy and smooth.
4. Add the egg and beat until the mixture becomes satiny, about 2 more minutes. Add the milk and vanilla and beat just to combine.
5. Add the jam with the mixer on low and beat for another minute. Add the flour mixture with the mixer on low, and beat just until everything is combined.
6. Spoon the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheets, 1-inch apart. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until just firm and lightly browned around the edges.