Monday, February 8, 2010

Are You Ready for some SUPERBOWL?

We didn't have a lotta people over but we sure had a great time with LOTS of great food! Here are the boys sitting on the couch enjoying their KFC and of course, all the goodies that I made. (At our house, Superbowl just isn't the same without KFC!)


I quickly snapped a picture of my pretty spread of food before the gang arrived. There were cocktail shrimp, a HUGE veggie platter (mostly for me!), my 7-layered dip, my FAMOUS devilied eggs, hummus and salsa.


Here's a close-up of my 7-layered dip which were (from bottom to top) refried beans (kicked up with some chili powder), guacamole (with LOTS of lime juice to keep it looking green), sour cream, chopped tomato, Mexican-style cheese, black olives and green onions. Isn't it almost too pretty to eat? hehe


These are my very first Stuffed Jalapeño and boy were they gone FAST! I stuffed mine with a mixture of pre-cooked sausage, mushrooms cream cheese and parmesan. (I had another "accident" with my glass baking dish but we won't go into that.)


Finally, at Half Time, I made my copycat Pizza Hut Supreme Pizza, which featured sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, green bell peppers and red onions on top of thick slices of Provolone cheese and topped with LOTS of Mozzarella and Parmesan. I'm not sure if it's cheaper but MUCH faster than delivery!


I'm bummed that the Colts lost but we had a great time with our friends and enjoyed yummy food so I really can't complain too much!

1 comment:

egg to the apples said...

nothing beats a good layered dip, looks deeelish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...