Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Not sure what's so Dutch about this apple loaf...

...but it sure is yummy! Greg went out to dinner with his buddies and one of my favorite activities when I'm home alone is to bake! I found a bunch of different recipes for breads, cakes and muffins and finally decided on this Dutch Apple Loaf. I'm not exactly sure why it's Dutch since the ingredients seem pretty standard to me (flour, sugar, butter, eggs, walnuts, etc) but it turned out great so who cares right? I cut my HUGE Fuji Apple into pretty big chunks cuz I like to be able to taste them and I also substituted half of the flour with whole wheat for the nutty texture and of course, fiber content. I can't wait to share this with my mom!

3 comments:

Food Gal said...

Maybe the Dutch people have a thing for apple cake? Hmm, who knows...But then again, this looks so good, anyone from any country would want to nosh on it.

Jamie said...

This looks incredible. I may try it this weekend!

Camille said...

Sounds tasty, and I like the whole wheat substitution - I'm a fan of the nutty flavor and fiber, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...