Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Plate full of LOVE!

Happy Early Valentines Day everyone! Since V-day falls on a Sunday this year I decided to celebrate it early by baking special heart cookies. These are Peanut Butter Cookies with a Crunch Heart on top. Nestle calls them Sweetheart Cookies and you'll definitely impress your Sweetheart with these! They're really easy to make and you can basically substitute any chocolate candy you like. The trick to keep the chocolates from melting too much and losing their shapes is to not touch them AT ALL after you press them into the hot cookies. (I found this out the hard way when I tried to press one down a bit further and it turned into a melty gooey mess!) You've also gotta be VERY patient and wait for the cookies to completely cool before eating them, which trust me, is NOT an easy task cuz they smell SO good with the PB and chocolate! The result though is AMAZING and ALMOST too cute to eat! (ALMOST!)

2 comments:

Camille said...

Now you've reminded me how much I love peanut butter cookies! :)

Food Gal said...

Love these! A festive twist on a classic cookie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...