Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thanks Martha!

One of my favorite cooking shows is actually not on The Food Network. (I know, SHOCKING!) It's Martha Stewart's Everyday Food on PBS. I usually catch it on Saturday mornings at the gym and get inspired to make something yummy for dinner! This particular episode was called Great Dishes Under $10 and I just KNEW I had to make the Meatballs with Garlic Bread! I took some shortcuts and used jarred Marinara Sauce instead of making my own using the canned tomatoes and herbs since I had a few jars sitting in my pantry. I also used pre-minced garlic and spread about a Tbsp onto each slice of bread. OMG this meal was incredible! The meatballs were really moist from the fresh breadcrumbs and the bread was super garlicy in a wonderful way! I can't believe I used to buy the frozen garlic bread! We still have a few meatballs left so I'm really looking forward to some spaghetti and meatballs this week. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...