Sunday, February 21, 2010

My BF's Mama's Banana Bread!

(Try saying that 3 times fast!) My BF (Kat) has been bragging about her mom's Banana Bread and finally remembered to send the recipe to me. I was really excited to try it out and was NOT disappointed! I've actually never made Banana Bread before (I know, shocking!) but I've eaten it many times and I love the flavor and texture. Kat says that this bread makes a really yummy French Toast and I can't wait to try that! (Oh and I made sure it was ok to post this recipe here.)




Ingredients: (1 loaf)


1 c whole wheat flour
3/4 c all-purpose flour
2-1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 mashed bananas (about 1-1/4 c)
1 egg
1/3 c vegetable oil
2/3 c sugar
1/2 c chopped pecans


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5-in loaf pan with cooking spray.


2. In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk together the bananas, egg, oil and sugar. Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and add the pecans. Mix just until combined (the batter will be lumpy).


3. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and finish cooling on a wire rack.

1 comment:

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Ohh, you can tell from the picture this is just the right texture. Nice and moist. I like the idea of adding the wheat flour. I'm going to try this out for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...