Monday, February 1, 2010

Finally...Stuffed Meatballs!

I've seen stuffed meatballs made on TV many times but have yet to try them myself. I decided it was time! I did some research and finally settled on a recipe from the Ragu website. I tried adding the link but it didn't work so I'll just post the recipe here. I used 2 pieces of string cheese cut into 6 pieces each to stuff inside the meatballs and they were perfect! Some of the cheese oozed out during cooking but that just makes them better! I ended up with exactly 12 meatballs and only used half of them for the spaghetti so I'm thinking maybe Meatball Sammies later this week? Right now it's time for 24!


Ingredients:


1 lb ground beef
1/2 c Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 egg
2 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 12 (1/2-in) cubes
1 jar Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce (I used the 3 Cheese flavor)
spaghetti, cooked and drained


Prep:


1. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs and egg in medium bowl; shape into 12 meatballs. Press 1 cheese cube into each meatball, enclosing completely.
Bring Pasta Sauce to a boil in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Gently stir in uncooked meatballs.


2. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until meatballs are done. Serve over hot spaghetti.

1 comment:

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Stuffed meatballs?!?! Oh my! Those look so fabulous!! How good would these be for SuperBowl Sunday?!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...