Sunday, February 28, 2010

Not Your Average Upside-Down Cake

This is yummy and healthy Peach Yogurt Upside-Down Cake! I based this recipe off of a Peach Yogurt Cake I saw when I was at Greg's parents' house but put my own spin on it. I made it healthier by using mostly whole wheat flour and made it "upside down" by placing the peach slices on the bottom. Oh and of course, I added walnuts! This cake was super moist and reminded me of summer (even with the canned peaches).


Ingredients:

1 c all-purpose flour
2 c whole wheat flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 c sugar
1 c yogurt (I used peach flavor)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c unsalted butter, melted, cooled to room temp
1 can (15-1/4 oz) sliced peaches
1 c chopped walnuts

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9-in round cake pan.

2. Sift the flours, baking powder and salt together. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well combined. Whisk in the yogurt and vanilla, then the melted butter. Whisk in the dry ingredients.

3. Arrange peach slices and nuts on the bottom of the prepared pan. Pour the batter on top and smooth the top. Bake until the cake is puffed and browned, and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, 30-40 min. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Run a table knife around the edge of the pan and invert cake onto a serving plate.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...