Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins

This is another recipe I "stole" from Greg's mom's cookbook and I'm SO glad I did! I don't think I've ever made sweet corn muffins before the combination of the blueberries and cornmeal worked really well together. They weren't too sweet and the berries reminded me of how much I miss summer! Is it really only February?




Ingredients: (12 muffins)


1 c all-purpose flour
1 c cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
1 c firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 c whole milk
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 c bluberries
1/2 c chopped pecans


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease or line 12 muffin cups.


2. In a bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and brown sugar.


3. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter. Pour the egg mixture over the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Stir in blueberries and pecans.


4. Spoon the batter into muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15-18 min.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...