Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Have You Ever Tried Stuffed Sole?

This is probably the first time I've ever had stuffed fish and it was SO good! I picked up a package of sole from Safeway and started searching for a good recipe since I've never cooked with it before. I found some good ones like breaded with Panko or browned in some butter, but when I saw that it could be stuffed with CRABMEAT, I knew I'd found what I was looking for! I took a few Stuffed Sole recipes that I'd found online and made my own. It couldn't be easier or quicker! I served the fillets over some left over mushroom Risotto and we had the most AMAZING dinner in less than 30 minutes. Beat THAT Rachael Ray! :)


Ingredients:


STUFFING:
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 c crabmeat, flaked (I used a can)
1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
1/4 c dry bread crumbs
1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp butter, melted


SAUCE:
1/4 c butter, melted
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried dill


2 sole fillets (6 oz each)


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all the stuffing mixture in a bowl. Spoon 1 Tbsp of the mixture onto the center of each fillet; roll up fish around filling; secure with toothpicks. (My fillets were really long so I didn't need any toothpicks.)


2. Place the stuffed fish in a greased baking dish; top with remaining stuffing mixture.


3. Combine all of the sauce ingredients in same bowl. Pour over fish. Bake for 10-15 min or until fish flakes with a fork.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...