Friday, July 10, 2009

CHEESY Sausage Lasagna Rolls

I had some sausage and pizza sauce left over from making my Boboli Pizza so I decided to make lasagna rolls. (I also had 6 lasagna noodles left in the box for some reason and I'm still in Clean-Out The Pantry mode for the next 2 weeks!) I LOVE making lasagna rolls cuz they're so much fun and always come out looking great! Instead of the traditional Ricotta cheese, I used cream cheese instead cuz that's what I had in the fridge and it was YUM YUM!

Ingredients:

6 lasagna noodles
3 links (12 oz) fresh Italian sausage
1 c pizza sauce
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 c shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 c shredded Parmesan cheese

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to at 400°F. Cook noodles according to package directions until al dente.

2. Meanwhile, remove casings and crumble sausage into a medium sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon. Transfer meat to a mixing bowl and add cream cheese. Stir until combined and creamy.

3. Drain noodles. Spread meat sauce over half of each noodle. Carefully roll up noodles and place seam side down in an 8-in square baking dish. Top with sauce and Mozzarella.

4. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top just before serving.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...