Saturday, July 18, 2009

Done with my WAFERS!

I had about 10 Vanilla Wafers from making the Tiramisu Cake for my mommy's birthday and since I'm in Clean-Out Pantry Mode, I decided to be creative with them. (Can't waste snackies!) I found this recipe from the Kraft website and decided to give it a shot. I didn't have Bourbon so I substituted carbonated cranberry soda and it turned out SO moist and yummy! I'm definitely happy I didn't toss my Wafers!

Ingredients:

20 Vanilla Wafers (wannabe Nilla), coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
1 c flour
1 c raisins
1/2 c chopped pecans
1/2 c (1 stick) margarine or butter, softened
1 c granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 c carbonated cranberry juice

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine chopped wafers, flour, baking powder, raisins and pecans; set aside.

2. Beat margarine and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add cranberry juice. Gently stir in reserved wafer mixture.

3. Spread into greased loag pan. Bake 1 hour 15 min or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 20 min. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...