Monday, July 27, 2009

More Freezer Meals

I had a couple of packages of Gorton's Grilled Fillets sitting in the freezer and wanted to get creative with them. I thought of making Lasagna Rolls (we have about 6 left over) but discovered that I'd already packed up all of our big pots to cook the noodles in! Whoops! SO I decided to make a sort of mac and cheese with fish instead. We had half a box of Fusilli in the pantry so I used that but any short pasta would work. I'm so glad I made this cuz it was SO easy and SO good! I even had ALL of the ingredients I needed at home! Talk about a clean-out the pantry recipe huh?


Ingredients:

8 oz dry Fusili
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 c whole milk
2 Gorton's Fish Fillets
3 c shredded Mozzarella cheese

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a shallow baking dish. Cook fillets in the microwave according to package directions.

2. In a pot, bring water to a boil. Add salt and pasta. Cook according to package directions, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.

3. In the same pot, over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 3 minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually add milk and bring just to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking often, until sauce slightly thickens, 4-5 minutes.

4. Add 2 cups of cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Remove pan from heat and fold in pasta. Pour into prepared baking dish then sprinkle top with remaining cheese.

5. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubble and top begins to brown. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow that looks cheesy and good. I'm having a craving for something just like that for lunch.

Food Gal said...

That's what I call an inventive meal!

Conor @ HoldtheBeef said...

great using-up-food recipe!

Noob Cook said...

Love the melted cheese ... look so delish and indulgent :)

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

Sounds easy, and best of all, looks delish! Great dish! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...