Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tis the Season for Mangos!

When I think of Mangos, I think tropical, so summer seems like the prefect season to bake Mango Bread! I found this recipe from the Taste of Home website and decided to give it a go. I was also excited to test out my new glass loaf pan! I decided to switch out all of our non-stick pans after reading about the carcinogen and chemicals used in them. Who needs all that??? These glass pans are also much prettier and you can see all the layers from the side. I can't wait to test out my lasagna pan! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmm that looks delicious! I have a glass loaf pan that my mom gave me (perhaps i absconded with it) when I moved out a long long time ago. I love it. Mr. K has been hounding me to stop using the nonstick pans too... I just love the nonstick part tho...

Food Gal said...

Have you ever tried the Indian Alfonso mango? It's soooo incredible. Much less fibrous than other mangoes. Kind of pricey as far as fruit goes, but wow, is the flavor and texture ever like tropical custard.

Sophia Lee said...

Oh, I made this a month or so ago! It's SO good!

http://burpandslurp.wordpress.com

Cookie said...

Alfonso mango? I've never heard of that. I'm not very cultured when it comes to fruit, I guess. I usually just pick up whatever's on sale at Safeway! Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll look for it next time I'm down in San Jose at the Asian supermarket.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...