Thursday, July 16, 2009

Comfort Food in the Summer cuz it's COLD in SF!

It may be 100 degrees everywhere else but it is COLD in San Francisco! What is UP with that? I guess I can't complain too much since I don't exactly like the heat either but can we at least get over 65 degrees? Since it was cold, I decided to make some comfort food. This was a wonderful Beefy Mexican Rice concoction that I cooked up using things I had in the pantry. It's great as an entree, dip or even burrito filling as Greg found! :)


Ingredients:

3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (I used the kind with green peppers in it)
1 lb ground beef
1 c long-grain rice
2 water
1 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 c shredded Mexican cheese blend
Tortilla chips and more cheese for serving

Prep:

1. In medium stock pot over medium heat, add oil and onions; saute until translucent. Add the ground beef and cook until meat is browned.

2. Add rice to mixture and cook over low heat for 3 minutes, coating rice with the oils from the pan. Add tomatoes, water and seasonings, bring to a simmer, then cover and cook on low for 20 minutes.

3. Stir in cheese and garnish with chips.

1 comment:

Jann said...

I can do this~anytime! This is good food!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...