Saturday, July 18, 2009

Inspired by Everyday Food + LAMB!

I was watching Everyday Food at the gym this morning and was totally inspired by this recipe. BUT I also had some lamb loins marinating in the fridge so I decided to substitute them for the shrimp and tomato. I had no idea it was so easy to make polenta from scratch! Now I'll never buy the storemade log ever again! The loins were just simply marinated in some olive oil, minced garlic, dried basil and dried thyme overnight. Then they were broiled for about 10 minutes and still pink inside. SO flavorful! What an incredible Saturday night feast huh? OK now back to packing!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that sounds delicious! I love polenta and wonder why I don't make it more often at home too. Where you going?

Conor @ HoldtheBeef said...

Yum!

I'm intrigued though... storemade log of polenta?

....ok I just googled it and am still a little intrigued. I never knew you could buy ready-made polenta! Glad to hear you think the make-from-scratch stuff is better so I know I haven't been missing out on anything :)

Food Gal said...

I love lamb! So few people in America actually eat lamb. You'd be surprised at the low percentage. I wish more people would try it. It's soooo flavorful, and such a nice change of pace from beef.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...