Why are they SUPER Thanksgiving Cookies? Well, cuz they're Pumpkin Cookies with Cranberries and Pecans...Pumpkin Pie, Cranberry Sauce and Pecan Pie, get it? All the sweetness of Thanksgiving packed into a yummy cookie! These are soft and REALLY good with a bit of tartness from the cranberries and a tiny crunch from the pecan half on top.
Ingredients: (36 cookies)
2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 c sugar
1 c pumpkin puree
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c dried cranberries
36 pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, Pumpkin Pie Spice, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
3. Beat butter and sugar in a stand mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture. Beat at low speed until well blended. Stir in cranberries.
4. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with back of spoon. Press one pecan half into center of each cookie.
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cookies stand on cookie sheets 1 minute; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.