Ingredients: (2 dozen cookies)
1 ½ c all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1/2 c yellow cornmeal
1 stick (8 Tbsp) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 c sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
3/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add the cornmeal and whisk again to blend.
3. Working with a stand mixer or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together at medium speed for 3 minutes, until very smooth. Add the eggs and continue to beat, scraping down the bowl as needed, for another 2 minutes, or until the mixture is light, smooth and creamy. Beat in the almond extract.
4. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the dry ingredients, mixing only until they are incorporated. You'll have a soft, stick-to-your-fingers dough that will ball up around the paddle or beaters. Scrape down the paddle and bowl, toss in the almonds and mix just to blend.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly golden.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Biscottis gone Cookies
I joined Tuesdays with Dorie and this is my very first recipe! I was really excited to make the Lenox Almond Biscotti but they didn't work out quite so well for me. I tried shaping them after mixing AND after chilling the dough for 30 minutes with no success. SO I decided to just make them in to Almond Cookies! They actually turned out really good! They're soft and have a very distinct Almond flavor. I hope Dorie won't mind! :)