For this week's Tuesdays with Dorie, we're making Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes. SO I thought I'd try to incorporate those into my Cookie Fridays by making Mini Chocolate Cupcakes! AND since it's almost Halloween, I added some Candy Corn so they'd be more festive. I also didn't top them with icing cuz I didn't want them to be too messy to bring to work. How cute right?
Ingredients: (24 mini cupcakes)
1 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 c sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c buttermilk
48 Candy Corns
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line or grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin.
2. Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Working with a stand mixer or hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the butter at medium speed until soft and creamy. Add the sugar and beat until it is blended into the butter. Add the egg, then the yolk, beating after each addition and scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
4. Beat in the vanilla, then reduce the mixer speed to low and add half the dry ingredients, mixing until incorporated. Scrape down the bowl and add the buttermilk, mixing until incorporated, then mix in the remaining dry ingredients.
5. Divid batter evenly among the muffin cups and bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until the tops of the cakes are dry and springy to the touch and a knife inserted into their centers comes out clean. Immediately press 2 Candy Corns into the tops of each cake.