Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pecan + Butter = Melt in Your Mouth Cookies

This week, I wanted to bake cookies that my mom would like since she's leaving for Shanghai next Friday and won't be back for 2 weeks. I also wanted them to be something she could take with her to give to my Grandma and Aunties. ALL of my family members seem to LOVE Shortbread Cookies (can you blame them?) so I decided I'd give them a real treat! I also wanted to add some Pecans because over there, specialty nuts (anything that's not peanuts) are considered very gourmet, not to mention PRICEY! I found this recipe on the Kraft website and it was just perfect! Such simple ingredients but SO good! Kraft calls them Mexican Wedding Cookies but the ingredients are the same as Shortbread except for the fact that you roll them in sugar before you bake them. I also left the Pecans in big chunks instead of finely grinding them. Don't they look like bite-sized pieces of heaven? :)


Ingredients: (4 dozen cookies)

1 c (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 c powdered sugar, divided
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
1 c chopped Pecans

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter, 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and pecans, beating on low speed after each addition until well blended.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place, 1-1/2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake 15 to 20 min or until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned. Cool 5 min. on baking sheets. Roll warm cookies in remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar until evenly coated; place on wire racks. Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...