I love savory muffins and it's a yummy way to get my veggie servings! These Bell Pepper Muffins were adaped from this Muffin Cookbook. I made a few modifications like adding shredded cheese cuz, well, everything tastes better with cheese right? I also didn't have a green bell pepper so I made up for the color by adding lots of fresh parsley. I thought these muffins turned out really well and make really good portable snacks!
Ingredients: (6 muffins)
1/4 c butter
1/2 chopped red bell pepper
1/3 c sour cream
3/4 c all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried tarragon
1/4 chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 6 muffin cups with paper lines.
2. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and cook until gender, 5 minues, stirring often. Cool to lukewarm.
3. Whisk sour cream and egg in medium gowl. Stir in cooled bell pepper and parsley.
4. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic salt, baking soda and herbs in large bowl. Add sour cream mixture, stirring just until blended.
5. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for 15 ro 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin come out clean.