Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cheesy Tomato Bread (and the secret ingredient is...)

...Cottage Cheese! I've never baked with cottage cheese before but we had some in the fridge and I figured I'd give it a shot. I love the soft and creamy texture it added! The grape tomatoes burst as they're baked so it kept the bread really moist. I also added a ton of fresh parsley for flavor since the cottage cheese was so mild. I'm definitely glad I made this!




Ingredients: (9 squares)


1 c all purpose flour
1 c cornmeal
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c milk
3/4 c cottage cheese
1 beaten egg
1/4 c vegetable oil
1 c grape tomatoes, chopped in half
1/4 c chopped fresh parsley


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.


2. Mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Add milk, cottage cheese, beaten egg, and vegetable oil. Stir to incorporate ingredients. Fold tomatoes and parsley into mixture.


3. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...