I discovered how perfectly pork paired with apples and potatoes so I decided to play around with those ingredients a lil more. This time I chopped the apple into small pieces and made a creamy sauce to go on top of the chops. I also made mashed potatoes with a bit of herbed-flavored cream cheese mixed in. Such a comforting on a Friday night!
Ingredients: (2 servings)
2 1-inch thick boneless pork chops
1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped into bite-size pieces
1/2 c heavy cream
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 c packed light brown sugar
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
Hot cooked mashed potatoes
1. Rub pork chops with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes.
2. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Pan-fry chops for about 5 to 7 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, melt butter. Add brown sugar and stir until mixture starts to caramelize.
4. Add apple pieces and chops back in, cover and simmer until the pork's internal temperature reach 150°F. Remove chops and place on top of mashed potatoes.
5. Stir heavy cream and cinnamon into the apple mixture. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until thickened. Spoon over pork chops.