Summer officially began this past Monday but the weather in SF does NOT feel that way! It's foggy, cold and even drizzling at times! To me, nothing says summer quite like Blueberry Muffins so I baked some mini ones for Cookie Friday in hopes of summer weather. (Fingers crossed!) I kept the flour to a minimum to make sure that the muffins stayed very moist. I also pressed 2 blueberries into each to make sure that they all had just the right amount of berry goodness!
Ingredients: (48 mini muffins)
1/2 c (1 stick) butter, softened
1 c sugar
1/2 c buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 c fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line mini muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; mix well.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened.
4. Fill muffin cups with about a tablespoon of batter. Press 2 blueberries into each.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.