Thursday, June 17, 2010

More Free Stuff to Bake With!

Along with the free pear I got from my coworker's gift basket, I also got a block of Cheddar Cheese. It's not that I needed to use it up or anything since I put cheese in almost anything, but I wanted to try these muffins that I saw in my Pillsbury cookbook. The original recipe called for Canadian Bacon but since I didn't have any, I used Honey Ham instead. You really can't go wrong with ham and cheese! The buttermilk and sour cream added a nice tang and creamy texture. These muffins are like mini meals and great any time of the day!




Ingredients:


1 c all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp chopped green onions
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 c buttermilk
1/4 sour cream
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg
1/2 c shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 chopped ham


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 6 muffin cups with paper liners.


2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, green onions and baking powder; mix well. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, oil and egg. Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in cheese and ham. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.


3. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...