Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Being Creative with Guacamole

Once in a while (ok maybe a bit more than that) I love to get REALLY creative with my baking and tonight was a great example. I made Guacamole Muffins using left-over Guac and they came out surprisingly good! The red chunks you see are the chopped tomatoes that I always add to my Guac. I also used cornmeal, sour cream and Mexican-style cheese so these tasted like a festive dip and corn chips all in one! YUM YUM!




Ingredients: (6 muffins)


1/2 c cornmeal
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1/4 c milk
1 c prepared Guacamole
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line or grease 6 muffin cups.


2. In a bowl, stir together the cornmeal and baking powder. In a measuring cup, whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Stir in the Guacamole, sour cream and cheese until completely mixed.


3. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Bake 15-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...