Monday, January 3, 2011

Miniature Versions of Ina's Buttermilk Biscuits

I watched Ina make some Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits for her Breakfast Party and they looked SO yummy! I don't make Biscuits too often as cuz it's such a hassle cutting in the butter with my pastry cutter or food processor and using my fingers tend to get really messy. Ina used her stand mixer and it was so much easier (and WAY less mess)! The trick is to keep all the ingredients really cold and work fast so the butter doesn't start to melt. I thought it'd be fun to make mini biscuits so I used a 2-inch fluted cutter and cut down the baking time to 15 minutes. I also sprinkled parmesan cheese on top instead of salt to give the biscuits a more flavorful crust. They came out flaky, cheesy and yummy, not to mention cute! This batter made about 2 dozen mini biscuits and I'm pretty sure we ate about a dozen tonight so that tells you how good they are! I think I need to take the rest to work before we eat them all! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...