Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pastitsio! Opa!

We LOVE Lasagna at our house so when I watched Ina make Pastitsio, which she calls Greek Lasagna, I knew I had to make it ASAP. Basically the lasagna noodles are replaced with small shells and everything's baked with a cheesy Béchamel sauce on top. How can that NOT be good? The meat sauce took a while to cook so I chose to make this on a Sunday when I could just let it simmer while I did stuff around the house. It made the whole place smell amazing and by dinner time, we were SO ready to eat! OMG this could actually be BETTER than Lasagna! The sauce was so flavorful with all the spices and the topping could not be cheesier and better! I can't wait for the left-overs (if there are any by the end of the night)!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...