Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More Healthy Treats for the New Year!

It's pretty hard NOT to make healthy things these days when every website is featuring light and healthy recipes. While I will NEVER substitute tofu for sour cream or pretend mushrooms taste like meat, I do enjoy wholesome treats with lots of veggies and fruit. I found these Zucchini and Cranberry Mini Muffins and knew I wanted to make them. I only had 1 zucchini so I added a cup of shredded carrots and since I'm switching things up, I decided to add both cranberries and raisins. For some reason, every time I make mini muffins, I always end up with left-over batter. (Maybe my pan is smaller than normal?) I didn't wanna waste any of this yummy mixture so I made 6 regular-sized muffins as well. They took about 10 minutes longer than the mini ones but came out just as moist and perfect! These are definitely healthy treats that will keep your new year's resolution going!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...