Tonight's yummy porkchop dinner was inspired by Lemonade Porkchops from an episode of Diners Drive-ins and Dives. This is actually the first time that I've ever made a recipe from that show and it was definitely a winner! I finished the porkchops on the stovetop instead of in the oven and it was just as moist and tender as can be. The sauce was the perfect combination of sweet and tangy with some earthiness from the herbs. VERY yummy weeknight meal!
1/2 c lemonade
1/4 c ketchup
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp granulated garlic
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 (6 to 8-oz) bone-in porkchops
All-purpose flour lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, (enough to coat chops)
1/4 c onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. In a bowl, mix all of the sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
2. Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat and add enough cooking oil to coat the bottom. Dredge the porkchops in the seasoned flour and brown for approximately 4 minutes per side in the skillet. Set aside.
3. Add onions and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
4. Pour in sauce and bring to a boil. Deglaze and add porkchops back in.
5. Turn heat down to low, cover and simmer until porkchops are cooked, about 10 minutes. Remove to serving platter.
6. Turn heat up to high and boil until sauce is thickened, 5 minutes. Pour over chops and serve.