Sunday, January 18, 2009

More Avocados = MUFFINS!

We had invited a few friends over to watch some football but the boys decided to watch the game at a bar instead. SO having already bought 2 avocados to make Guac, I had to think of something else to do with them. Since I've already made Avocado Bread, I thought "why not muffins?" These actually turned out really good and not too sweet at all. You could definitely add Raisins or any type of dried fruit in them to give them a sweeter flavor but I wanted something that was more savory. I think the Avocados give baked goods a really good nutty flavor. Hum...I wonder why these didn't turn out green?

Ingredients: (12 muffins)

3/4 c sugar
1 stick (½ c) butter
2 eggs
1 c mashed avocado (2 medium)
½ c buttermilk

1 ½ c flour
½ tsp

½ c pecans, chopped

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.

2. Mix all ingredients together and divide evenly among 12 muffin cups lined with paper liner.

3. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...