Saturday, January 17, 2009

Orange Rice Krispies Muffins

I had an orange left over from my Biscotti so I decided to make some muffins. I also had some Rice Krispies in the pantry and thought they would go great with the fresh citrus taste. I was SO right! These muffins were fresh and yummy tasting without being too sweet or heavy.

Ingredients: (6 muffins)

3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 c Rice Krispies®
1 orange segments and juice

3 Tbsp buttermilk
1 egg white
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 c chopped pecans

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

2. In large bowl combine RICE KRISPIES cereal, orange and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Add pecans and flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Portion evenly into uffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with foil bake cups.

3. In small bowl stir together 1 tablespoon sugar and cereal; sprinkle on top of muffins.

4. Bake about 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in muffin pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.

1 comment:

Winger said...

I bet, that even if I follow your recipe to the letter I will manage to mess it up.
.
.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...