Friday, January 23, 2009

Pepperoni Pizza in a Muffin?

Yes you read that right! I made Pepperoni Pizza Muffins and they were AWESOME! The idea came to me cuz we had Pizza Sauce and Pepperoni left over in our fridge and you know I like turning just about anything into a muffin! I know the idea might sound a lil weird but if you like Pepperoni Pizza, you should definitely give these a try. They're so easy too so you've really got nothing to lose!

Ingredients: (12 muffins)

1½ c biscuit/baking mix (Bisquick)
1 c Pizza sauce
½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
½ c diced pepperoni
1 tsp Italian seasoning

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. Place biscuit mix in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients; stir into biscuit mix just until moistened. Fill greased or lined muffin cups ¾ full.

3. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

I am so trying these. I am SO trying these!
You have proven the versatility and creative possibilities of muffins. I would never, ever have thought to combine pizza and muffins.

Jack and Mollie said...

I took these to a brunch with some friends b/c my husband and the host husband had a running joke about pepperoni going at work. SO , basically I took them as a JOKE! But they were such a hit. There were four couples there and everyone liked them! I had even used turkey pepperoni to make them healthier.

Nice work,Cookie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...