Monday, July 27, 2009
8 oz dry Fusili
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 c whole milk
2 Gorton's Fish Fillets
3 c shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a shallow baking dish. Cook fillets in the microwave according to package directions.
2. In a pot, bring water to a boil. Add salt and pasta. Cook according to package directions, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
3. In the same pot, over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 3 minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually add milk and bring just to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking often, until sauce slightly thickens, 4-5 minutes.
4. Add 2 cups of cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Remove pan from heat and fold in pasta. Pour into prepared baking dish then sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubble and top begins to brown. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
1 prebaked thin pizza crust shells
1 c BBQ sauce
1 c sliced mushrooms
2 pkg (6 oz each) diced, cooked chicken
1/2 c Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place pizza shell on baking sheets. Spread with barbecue sauce and top with mushrooms.
2. Toss chicken with Frank's Sauce. Arrange chicken on top of pizzas. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. Bake for 15 minutes until crust is crispy and cheese melts. Cut into wedges to serve.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
1-1/2 lb ground beef
24 Saltine crackers, crushed to 1 cup
3/4 c ketchup
1 pkg (1.1 oz) onion soup mix
1/2 c sliced mushrooms
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Combine everything except cheese and mix well. Press into a 9x5" loaf pan.
2. Bake for 60 minutes. Top with cheese and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Ingredients: (12 muffins)
1-1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c butter melted
1/4 c milk
2 medium peaches peeled, diced
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line 12 muffin cups liners.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together butter, milk, and egg in a separate bowl. Stir milk/egg mixture into the flour mixture and blend just until moistened. Fold in diced peaches.
3. Spoon into muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan.
20 Vanilla Wafers (wannabe Nilla), coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
1 c flour
1 c raisins
1/2 c chopped pecans
1/2 c (1 stick) margarine or butter, softened
1 c granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 c carbonated cranberry juice
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine chopped wafers, flour, baking powder, raisins and pecans; set aside.
2. Beat margarine and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add cranberry juice. Gently stir in reserved wafer mixture.
3. Spread into greased loag pan. Bake 1 hour 15 min or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 20 min. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (I used the kind with green peppers in it)
1 lb ground beef
1 c long-grain rice
1 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 c shredded Mexican cheese blend
Tortilla chips and more cheese for serving
1. In medium stock pot over medium heat, add oil and onions; saute until translucent. Add the ground beef and cook until meat is browned.
2. Add rice to mixture and cook over low heat for 3 minutes, coating rice with the oils from the pan. Add tomatoes, water and seasonings, bring to a simmer, then cover and cook on low for 20 minutes.
3. Stir in cheese and garnish with chips.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
UPDATE: The Roasted Red Pepper ones are REALLY good too!
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009
6 lasagna noodles
3 links (12 oz) fresh Italian sausage
1 c pizza sauce
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 c shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 c shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to at 400°F. Cook noodles according to package directions until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, remove casings and crumble sausage into a medium sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon. Transfer meat to a mixing bowl and add cream cheese. Stir until combined and creamy.
3. Drain noodles. Spread meat sauce over half of each noodle. Carefully roll up noodles and place seam side down in an 8-in square baking dish. Top with sauce and Mozzarella.
4. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top just before serving.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
1 lb ground beef
1 c picante sauce
1 c salsa
1 can (16 oz) refried beans
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 c ricota cheese
4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
2 c shredded Mexican cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa , beans, and taco seasoning; heat through.
2. Spread sauce in a greased 13×9-in baking dish. Layer with 2 tortillas, half of the meat mixture and Ricotta cheese.
3. Top with remaining 2 tortillas and meat mixture. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 10-15 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with sour cream, olives, guacamole and tomatoes if desired.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Ingredients: (12 muffins)
1 c quick cooking oats
1 c milk
1/3 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter, melted
1-1/3 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 c or 3 (4 oz) Delmonte Mixed Fruit cans, well drained
1/2 c chopped Macadamia nuts
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl, mix together oats, milk, brown sugar butter and eggs. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Stir flour mixture into eggs mixture, just until moistened. Fold in fruit and nuts. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Anyway, I wanted to make something romantic and gourmet to celebrate our engagement so I bought some HUGE scallops and served them over mushroom risotto. It was such an elegant dish but really simple to make. The scallops were just lightly breaded with seasoned Panko and then pan-fried. Below is the recipe for the mushroom risotto, which was really a lot easier than I thought. The entire meal maybe took about 30 minutes to make and SO totally worth it. I know my FH was impressed! :)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 c sliced mushrooms
1/3 c chopped onion
1 c rice uncooked
1-1/2 c chicken broth
1/2 c milk
1 c parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in saucepan on medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Stir in rice, water and broth. Bring to boil; cover. Reduce heat to low and add milk. Simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. Stir in cheese right before serving.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
So yes, back to the dish. It's my version of a Clean-Out the Pantry Meal using some canned tuna and left-over Cannelloni rolls. SO simple and SO yummy! It's kinda like Tuna Lasagna Rolls with the Ricotta Cheese but BETTER and less messy!
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
2 cans (6 oz each) tuna, drained and flaked
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp pepper
9 Cannelloni rolls, cooked al dente and drained
1 c (8 oz) Ricotta Cheese
1/2 c mozzarella cheese
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large saucepan, sauté onion in butter until tender. Stir together the tuna, soup, milk, garlic salt, oregano, pepper and Ricotta until combined.
2. Stuff noodles with tuna mixture and place them in a greased baking pan. Top with soup and sprinkle with mozzarealla and parmesan cheese.
3. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.