Sunday, October 2, 2011

First Time with Tomatillos!

Can you believe I've NEVER cooked with Tomatillos before? I mean, sure I've had Salsa Verde but it's always been either at a restaurant or out of a jar. I saw that Tomatillos were on sale and decided it was time to give them a try. I made Simply Recipe's Chile Verde and it came out amazing! Roasting the Tomatillos gave them such a nice smokey flavor and adding the roasted garlic just took them over the top! I swear I could eat that sauce by the spoonful! (Actually, I kinda did eat a few spoonfuls!) I simmered the chili for about 2 hours and the meat was just falling-off-the-bone tender. (Gotta love that pork butt!) I also made Barefoot Contessa's Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread cuz who eats chili without cornbread right? Perfect meal on a Sunday night!

1 comment:

Food Gal said...

They have such a unique flavor, don't they? I love them in chili verde.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...