Sunday, January 22, 2012

Celebrating Chinese New Year with My Mommy!

My mommy and I celebrated Chinese New Year at Bistro Boudin and had the most yummy meal! As always, we like to share everything and started with their famous Clam Chowder in Sourdough Bread Bowl. It was AMAZING and the bread was so fresh since they bake them right there in their bakery downstairs. As soon as you walk in, you can smell all the goodies coming out of the oven and you immediately crave some fresh bread! We ate every single spoonful of that yummy clam goodness and devoured the chowder-soaked bread bowl! (No, we didn't mind looking like pigs!) Then we went on to the Wild Caught Halibut with a Crispy Polenta Ball (which looked like a scallop) and Sauteed Spinach that tasted so buttery and delicious! My mom insisted on ordering fish cuz the Chinese word for fish, yu, sounds like the word for riches or abundance. She said that it's believed that eating fish will help your wishes come true in the year to come. Hey, I'll take any luck I can get! It might not seem like a lotta food for 2 people but trust me, with all the bread they give you on the side, we were sufficiently stuffed! (I think being stuffed is also good luck for Chinese New Year but I could just be making that up!)



2 comments:

Food Gal said...

As much as we Chinese love food, it would be a crime not to stuff yourself for Chinese New Year! LOL

Create. Snap. Eat. said...

Awww. I love these photos. This post makes me miss my mother even more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...