Friday, January 27, 2012

First Time with Short Ribs!

I think short ribs is one of those meat items that have always intimidated me. I'm not sure why but I always thought they would require lots of attention and time. I finally picked some up from the store this morning and decided to give them a try. I did some research and decided to make Danny Boome's Short Rib Bourguignonne, which is basically a fancy way of saying short ribs braised in red wine. I didn't have any celery or carrots and substituted pearl onions for the white onions and shallots. I also cooked the whole dish on the stovetop at a slow simmer for about an hour and the meat was just fall-off-the-bone tender! I'll definitely be making more short ribs from now on!

1 comment:

Create. Snap. Eat. said...

Oooh! Decadent. This sound lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...