Monday, January 9, 2012

A Comforting Casserole from My Pantry

My hubby was supposed to go to a business dinner tonight but it got cancelled at the last minute so I turned to my pantry for ideas. Of course, I could've ordered takeout or pizza (which my hubby will happily eat any night) but I'm just not that type of girl. There's a reason why I keep my pantry stocked and tonight was the perfect example of last minute dinner ideas. Not only was my Salmon Noodle Casserole quicker than takeout but incredibly yummy as well. AND we even have some leftovers for lunch tomorrow!




Ingredients:


4 c cooked pasta (I used Fusilli but egg noodles would be great here)
1 can Salmon (14.75oz), drained and flaked with a fork (or 2x5oz cans)
1/2 c French's Fried Onions
2 (10.75 oz) cans Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 c milk
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 c dried breadcrumbs


Prep:


1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine the pasta, salmon and fried onions together in a large mixing bowl.


2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the soup, milk, Parmesan and pepper. Pour over the top of the pasta mixture. Stir to combine and pour into a greased casserole dish.


3. In a small bowl, stir together the butter and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle on top of the casserole.


4. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...