Ingredients: (6 muffins)
6 slices sandwich bread (the thicker the better)
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 c Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 slice American cheese
2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp butter
2 oz sliced deli ham, chopped
Dash pepper, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Flatten each bread slice with rolling pin. Make 1-inch lengthwise cut into each corner of bread slice with sharp knife. Lightly brush both sides of bread slices with melted butter. Gently press flattened bread slices into cups of ungreased 6-cup muffin pan, overlapping crust to form cup. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Meanwhile, cut the cheese slice into 12 thin strips.
3. Beat water and eggs in large bowl with wire whisk until well mixed.
4. Melt 1 tablespoons butter in a small skillet. Pour eggs into skillet; sprinkle with ham. Cook over medium heat, gently lifting portions with spatula so uncooked portion flows underneath, until eggs are set (3 to 5 minutes). Sprinkle with shredded cheese pieces and pepper, if desired. Continue cooking, gently stirring, just until cheese is melted (1 minute).
5. Fill each toast cup with about 1/3 cup egg mixture. Place 2 strips cheese on each toast cup.