Thursday, September 18, 2008

Oatmeal Scotchies

This is the second time I've ever made these cookies from the Nestle Website and the first time was about a year ago when I pretty much had no idea how to bake! I'm sure they turned out way better this time around since I can pretty much consider myself a regular baker nowadays! I cut the Butterscotch Morsels down to half cuz I didn't want it to overpower the Oatmeal Flavor of the cookie and also cuz I didn't want them to be too sweet. (Hey, Oatmeal Cookies are supposed to be healthy right?) Anyway...they're GOOD!

Ingredients: (48 cookies)

1 ¼ c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 c (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
¾ c granulated sugar
¾ c packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 c quick or old-fashioned oats
1 c Butterscotch Morsels

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 375° F.

2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi! I saw your comment on the Platinum Chef Challenge. Apples in any form would be fine! Thanks for your question and for participating! Can't wait to see your dish. Have fun with it :)

Mo said...

Yum! Oatmeal Scotchies are my absolute FAVORITE cookie! Now I want to bake some...off to the store. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...