Red Bell Peppers were on super special at Safeway so I wanted to make something with them. I was searching online and found an easy Stuffed Bell Pepper recipe from Rice-A-Roni. You all know how much I LOVE Pasta Roni so I knew I'd like this! I used Red Bell Peppers instead of the Green and Mexican Rice instead of Long Grain and they turned SO cheesy and yummy! I even had a lot of left over "stuffing" for future burritos! hehe
Ingredients: (4 servings)
1 pkg (4.2 oz) Rice-A-Roni® Mexican Rice
2 large red bell peppers
½ lb 90% lean ground beef
½ c corn kernels (fresh, frozen or canned)
1 c salsa (mild, medium or hot)
1 c shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Prepare Rice-A-Roni according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds, wash and drain. Place peppers in baking dish. Bake uncovered 12 to 15 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven.
4. In medium skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no pink remains. Drain fat, if necessary.
5. In large bowl, combine corn, salsa and cooked beef. Add cooked rice; mix well.
6. Spoon rice mixture evenly into each of pepper halves. Top each evenly with cheese. Return to oven 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.