I bought this Bisquick Booklet from Safeway the other day and decided to try out one of the recipes. Of course, my first choice was Deep-Dish Taco Squares! I mean, Pizza AND Taco? How could you get better than this? Of course we ended up with a LOT of left-overs but Greg said they tasted even better the next day! :)
Ingredients: (6 servings)
1/2 lb lean ground beef
2 Tbsp Taco seasoning
1 c Original Bisquick mix
1/4 c cold water
1/2 c sour cream
1/3 c mayonnaise
1 c shredded Mexican style cheese
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 c salsa
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease an 8-inch baking dish.
2. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix until blended.
3. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix and water until soft dough forms. Using fingers dipped in Bisquick mix, pat dough in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of baking dish.
4. In same bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise and cheese until blended.
5. Layer beef mixture, tomato and salsa over dough; spoon sour cream mixture over top.
6. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges of dough are light golden brown.