Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Southern Meal in Cali: Country Captain Chicken!

Ever since I watched Rachael Ray make her Country Captain Chicken, I'd been wanting to try it. Just out of curiousity, I Wikipedia'd the name and found that it was an Indian curry dish first introduced to a British Sea Captain working in the spice trade at the Port of Savannah. It then became a traditional Southern dish with many variations but it always involving curry chicken served over rice. Rachael Ray's recipe also included bell peppers, onions, raisins, tomatoes and almonds (which I omitted). I also used some bone-in chicken thighs (cuz we like dark meat) and the dish turned out SO flavorful and good! I've only been to the South once but I DEFINITELY like their cooking style! Fried Chicken, Jambalaya, Crawfish...I like them all!

1 comment:

Food Gal said...

I second that: Dark meat chicken is so much better than white. I always sub it in recipes. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...