Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Aarti Party has done it AGAIN!

We loved Aarti's Sloppy Bombay Joes but not as much as we love her Pulled Pork with Mango BBQ Sauce! I cooked my pork butt in the slow cooker and the meat came out so tender and moist! I couldn't find Mango Puree so I just made my own using jarred mango in the food processor. I also substituted JalapeƱo for the Serrano and Honey for the Molasses using what I had on hand. I've been saving this recipe for a while and I'm SO glad I finally made it! The meat was so flavorful with just the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. It was such an easy meal too to let the slow cooker do all the work. I served the meat on some toasted buns topped with pickle slices and a side of Mashed Potatoes. This will definitely get us over Hump Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have such a weakness for big, juicy, messy sandwiches -- Ruebens, sloppy joes, cheese steaks, and pulled pork -- and your post has made me hungry for one right now. I can see why you were so pleased with this pulled pork sandwich recipe. The mango BBQ sauce must be just perfect with it. Yum!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...