Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chicken Tikka Masala (the cheater way!)

Just call me the Leftover Lady cuz I just transformed my Tandoori Chicken into Tikka Masala! After some research, I learned that Chicken Tikka is just chicken marinated in yogurt and spices then cooked in a Tandoori oven (sound familiar?) and Masala is a sauce made with tomatoes and cream. Apparently there isn't a standard recipe for Tikka Masala so the taste will vary depending on the chef. Well, I'm no chef but I did have a jar of Trader Joe's Masala Simmer Sauce and TJ's hasn't failed me yet! (Plus you can't beat the convenience!) I even cheated further by making Mushroom Rice Pilaf using Rice a Roni! Yea, totally NOT authentic but tasted great!

1 comment:

Food Gal said...

Kudos to you for your ingenuity in creating your own version of a fave dish. Very clever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...