Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tomato Basil Dinner Bread

I ordered Pillsbury Best Muffins and Quick Breads Cookbook and marked down some great recipes to try. One of them was this Tomato Basil Dinner Bread that turned out to be the perfect savory treat! The recipe called for chopped Roma Tomatoes but I had some Grape Tomatoes in the fridge so I used those instead. I just cut them in half so you can still taste the juicy chunks of tomatoes in every bite. I also added Mozzarella cheese cuz we LOVE cheese at our house and some buttermilk cuz my dough seemed too dry. I guess I didn't quite follow the recipe much so here's my version of Tomato Basil Dinner Bread.




Ingredients: (8 servings)


2 c all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 c buttermilk
3/4 c sour cream
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 c shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 c chopped tomatoes


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9-inch Springform pan with cooking spray.


2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and basil. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, butter and egg. Pour into dry ingredients and mix just until moistened. Stir in cheese and tomatoes.


3. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 22-25 min, until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 min. Detach the outside of the springform pan, using the bottom as a plate for the cake to finish cooling.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Regional Recipes! I would love it if you took part in the event. All you essentially need to do is cook something Vietnamese by the end of the month, blog about it, and send me your entry.

This tomato basil bread looks delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...